Never mind those bloody windfarms, this one will bleeow yoh hice dine!
From the WWF, yesterday:
‘Wind output in November broke through the 100% threshold for the first time, with 109% of total Scottish electricity demand being met from renewables, enough to power nearly 6 million homes.’
- 20 out of 30 days wind production outstripped demand.
- National Grid demand for the month – 1,994,839 MWh. What % of this could have been provided by wind power – 109%
- Best day – 28th November generation was 116,599MWh, 9.59m homes, 391% households. Demand that day was 60,492MWh – wind generation was 192% of that.
- Worst day – 26th November 22,677 MWh, 1.86m homes, 75% of households
- How many days generation was over 100% of household electricity requirement – 28
- How many days generation exceeded overall electricity demand – 20
STV did cover the story as did the National and Energy Voice. For some reason it did not appear even on the BBC Scotland website never mind Reporting Scotland.