We hear regularly of the alleged failures of the SNP’s education policies. Emily Maitles tried to poke Ian Blackford with them last night. Kevin McKenna list some of the regulars for us, wrong and evidence-free of course.
It’s all a bit galling given the situation in England. Reader LEGERWOOD lists some for us.
Education/schools in Scotland failing? Here is a selection of education/schools Articles from the Guardian on the state of Schools in England. I have not given links just the headlines so you can search for them yourself but enough just from the headlines to get some idea about what is happening down south.
- It’s dangerous’: full chaos of funding cuts in England’s schools revealed ….. from March 2019
- More than 49,000 pupils ‘disappeared’ from English schools – study
- Data reveals one in 12 schoolchildren in 2012-17 were removed from rolls without explanation…..From April 2019
- ‘A national shame’: headteachers voice anger about pupils’ hunger…..20th May 2019. Note: as usual the article starts off saying it is ‘across the UK’ but read on and it is clear it is English Schools
- Former Ofsted head says government school funding claims are misleading…..26th May 2019
- School asks BBC Children in Need to cover funding gap
Some English schools ‘can’t afford to teach five days a week’…..4th July 2019
- More than 300 English primary schools forced to become academies
Some failing schools shunted between trusts as sponsors collect millions in grants…….11 July 2019
Vanity project’: debts pile up for English free schools scheme…..13th July 2019
- And earlier articles from the Guardian:
From Dec 2017
- 40,000 children trapped in ‘zombie’ academy schools
- Education ministers urged to investigate after failed trusts leave pupils in limbo
From July 2017
- More than 600,000 pupils in England taught by unqualified teachers, says Labour
- Party says many school staff have no guaranteed training in safeguarding children, and standards are at risk