I will today submit my resignation from the SNP. I plan to join the Greens but will, of course, continue to vote in ways most likely to ensure victory by pro-independence candidates.
My reasons for resigning are:
- the party leader’s outspoken support for the awful Hilary Clinton despite her hawkish foreign policies which have resulted in the mass deaths of women and children in the Arab world;
- the party leader’s enthusiasm for the political insights of the repulsive Henry Kissinger despite his status as a war criminal responsible for mass deaths in SE Asia and S America;
- the party leader’s willingness to be physically familiar with the disgusting Alistair Campbell despite his role in facilitating the war crimes of the Blair regime in Iraq and his overt rabid opposition to Scottish independence;
- the party leader and her inner circle’s treatment of the former FM, Alex Salmond;
- the party’s treatment of Gareth Wardell (Grouse Beater);
- the party leadership’s misguided enthusiasm for UK membership of the EU at the expense of Scottish independence from the UK;
- the party leadership’s lack of drive toward independence;
- the party leader’s lack of engagement with the wider Yes movement;
- the party’s lack of fight against Scottish media bias;
- the party’s lack of drive in dis-associating itself from weapons used in Yemen.
Professor John W Robertson
26th April 2019