Kilmarnock, new leaders of the Scottish Foremaist Division
In the wake of recent events, an internal coup within the SPFL has resulted in major restructuring. Led by the League’s Ethics and Identity spokeswoman, Flora MacDonald, the Strategy Committee has voted by a majority to the following changes:
- The new league will be titled the Scottish Foremaist Division.
- Clubs removed due to fans’ repeated adoption of foreign flags – Celtic, Rangers.
- Clubs promoted: Falkirk, Dundee United, Ayr United, Partick Thistle.
- Celtic and Rangers fans to be awarded free season tickets for any one alternative club of their choice for one year.
- Celtic and Rangers fans to be awarded free scarves and other paraphernalia from any one alternative club of their choice.
- Partick Thistle to be renamed Glasgow Caledonian Partick Thistle.
- Michael Stewart to be appointed Chief Executive.
- Kris Boyd to be appointed Fitness Coach.
- Steven Thompson to be appointed Dress Coach.