More than 3 million* ‘believe’ BBC Scotland is biased ‘after’ survey is ‘analysed’

rotten 1.png

It’s now more than a year after the BBC’s own survey found Scots to be much more dissatisfied than those in non-Scottish parts of the UK and some months after its infamous attack on Wings over Scotland, removing online content, let us see its bias, in full exposure.

I have used BBC Scotland’s own research guidelines (shared with SFA)* and its royal charter, even after Phil’s crash, in this analysis which will help readers grasp the importance of the research in terms of the Scottish population as a whole.

Survey question 1 reveals the significantly lower satisfaction-level of Scots with the BBC:

sctosbbc1

Even more revealing here, question again reveals significantly fewer respondents satisfied with ‘value for money’:

bbcvaluemnoiey

However, the BBC has interpreted responses here to be entirely about the cost of the licence presuming that the service is otherwise valued. You can imagine the wags – ‘Miserly Jocks too mean to pay for BBC licence!’

It seems, however, more than likely, after all the controversy over BBC bias with mass protests at Pacific Quay, public attacks by the First minister at the time, surgical strikes by Wings, Indyref2, James Kelly and long after research by leading academics, that ‘value for money’ responses must be taken to include consideration of that value in terms of accuracy, balance, impartiality (lack of bias) as described in the BBC’s royal Charter, requiring it to ‘inform’. Unable to extract any for whom the service is satisfactory but ‘a bit dear, ye ken’, let’s see what the above means converted from the sample percentages to the whole population.

Only Just over a third (37%) were satisfied, leaving 63% not so. 63% of Scotland 5.4 million souls is 3.4 million. I should remove the weans and the bairns but not those old enough (over 6) to have reached the national average reading and comprehension level of 10 years equivalent. So, let’s say 3 million*.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/522509/Research_to_explore_public_views_about_the_BBC.pdf

 

 

Advertisements

12 thoughts on “More than 3 million* ‘believe’ BBC Scotland is biased ‘after’ survey is ‘analysed’

  1. tcrosbie20 January 20, 2019 / 12:02 pm

    Says it all, disgusting organisation, make you pay for Tory unionist anti-independence propaganda.

    Liked by 4 people

  2. jamesadempster January 20, 2019 / 1:27 pm

    And now for the results of the survey; except for viewers in Scotland where we’re going live to the final of the Indoor Bowls from Millport.

    Liked by 1 person

  3. King George January 20, 2019 / 4:57 pm

    The BBC is imo the worlds best state propaganda channel. How so. Large numbers of the population believe it provides fair and objective programmes.

    Liked by 1 person

  4. Robert Graham January 20, 2019 / 6:46 pm

    very surprised so many still believe the junk this lot churn out 24/7 its relentless brain numbing tripe .

    Liked by 2 people

  5. Deniae Pritchard January 20, 2019 / 8:02 pm

    Paying for fascist anti Scottish propergander
    ..??? Dumb . Just plain dumb. ..!!! 😠

    Liked by 1 person

  6. Deniae Pritchard January 20, 2019 / 8:04 pm

    Paying for fascist anti Scottish propergander…!!! Dumb..just plain dumb..!!! 😠😠😠😠😠

    Liked by 1 person

  7. Legerwood January 20, 2019 / 10:25 pm

    Value for money, or lack thereof, may have something to do with only 55% of the licence fee raised in Scotland is actually spent in Scotland. People may not know that exact figure but they are surely aware of how little of the content across all the BBC’s platforms has much direct relevance to Scotland.

    Liked by 1 person

    • Contrary January 21, 2019 / 12:30 pm

      You have put in enough inverted commas and declared your research methods are based on BBC guidelines – that is sufficient for anyone reading to accept without question whatever you say 😉

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s