Happy Christmas Donald! Here’s your new tax bill from the Scottish Government

20035728-1024x688

(c) Andrew Milligan / PA Wire

Because of changes in the recent budget, Trump Turnberry no longer qualifies for a tax break. Only properties valued at £1.5 million or below that, qualify. Trump Turnberry is now valued at £1.65 million and the golf course in Aberdeenshire doesn’t qualify at all as it’s defined as a golf course and not a hotel.

I know the Donald is temporarily disengaged from the family empire while he is president eject, but we can only hope he hears about this somehow.

16 thoughts on “Happy Christmas Donald! Here’s your new tax bill from the Scottish Government

1. PatC December 24, 2017 / 4:44 pm

And. . . No Deals. . . collect it all!

2. Clydebuilt December 24, 2017 / 6:03 pm

Heard a great Trumpism on the radio today. . . Dunno if it was the man himself , or an impersonator . . . .

I like women, I’m not a mysogenist, I’ve got time for their opinions, as long as it’s after the Bikini round.

• Jon December 24, 2017 / 11:28 pm

The bikini round?

• Feathered December 25, 2017 / 12:04 pm

The bikini round of his meat market/pageants

3. Contrary December 25, 2017 / 9:27 pm

John, and all the other sphericulees, a very happy festive season to you all – I’ve been busy and can’t seem to catch up (read: more disorganised than usual 🙂 ), so many good news articles which are always a joy, and a relief, to read – I don’t know where you find them all John! (And Ludo 😉 ), but by the time I’ve read them all I can’t take the time for a big long ramble,,,

A happy new year to you all when it comes, I hope it’s a good one.

The Scottish government, particularly Mr Mackay, has proposed to use those torturous tax powers very cleverly eh? I do hope it goes through.

• Clydebuilt December 26, 2017 / 9:43 am

Contrary . . . .seasons greetings . . . Hope you’re attending the organising classes, . . . . Don’t feel under pressure to make posts long rambles , one or two lines that go straight to the point are absolutely fine. . . . In fact I don’t have time to read long rambles, can’t write more gotta rush out and grab some Boxing Day bargains.

4. Brian Powell December 26, 2017 / 12:19 pm

A genuine happy Christmas greeting to you John. TU Scotland is on my daily check list for up to date info on what is really happening in Scotland.

5. gavin December 26, 2017 / 4:59 pm

“Yea, like great, super great. This guy, not very classy–not classy at all– I tell him—-very. very low energy guy; probably a Bush, yea one of those low energy Bush guys, maybe from Mexico. So I say, yea, you wanna see great? If I were unzip here and put it on the table, lay it right there, If I laid it right there you would see great. I should make Crooked Hillary hold it and put it on the table, right there, before I lock her up. Yea, Crooked Hillary, I should grab her by the…, she should hold it—I tell yuh, its this big, its great, its THIS BIG, THIS BIG—that Obama guy, he’s history, no class, no class at all, not like me, it’s THIS BIG, I tell yuh, IT IS THIS BIG……………………”!

• gavin December 26, 2017 / 5:00 pm

The most powerful man in the world!

• gavin December 26, 2017 / 5:04 pm

Oh, God. Will he sic the CIA on me?(He doesn’t like the Feds any more).
        Crooked Gavin. Lock him up!

6. Ludo Thierry December 26, 2017 / 8:40 pm

Hi all – great comments above (Hi Contrary – great to get some news):

Couldn’t keep away from the beeb Jockland site – so had a quick look. Noticed this piece on the Dounreay ‘clear-up’ contracts hidden away on the beeb Jockland business page (doesn’t even appear on the Highlands+Islands page) – see below:

Next phase of work Dounreay decommissioning planned
    • 22 December 2017

Companies have been invited to note interest in a number of construction and demolition projects at the former nuclear power complex in Caithness.
    • The jobs involved in the site’s new “agreement framework” could run to a total cost of up to £400m.
    • Built in the 1950s, the Shaft plunges 65.4m (214.5ft) below ground.
    • Radioactive waste was disposed there from 1959 to 1977, when an explosion ended the practice.
    • Colourful myths surround the Shaft, including claims that a former worker dropped his mother-in-law’s ashes inside to comply with her wish to be scattered somewhere unusual.
    • An unwanted car was also said to have been disposed of at the facility, which is 4.6m (15ft) wide in places.

Note the ‘jolly’ tone of the piece – involving Mother-in-law joke and an old banger joke. Note how the story is ‘covered’ just as the Festive Season gets underway. Note how no mention is made of the Court judgement against UKAE in 2007 for a fine of £140,000 for breaching the Radioactive Substances Act? (see below – from Wicki):

In 2007 UKAEA pleaded guilty to four charges under the Radioactive Substances Act 1960 relating to activities between 1963 and 1984, one of disposing of radioactive waste at a landfill site at the plant between 1963 and 1975, and three of allowing nuclear fuel particles to be released into the sea, resulting in a fine of £140,000.

Note how beeb Jockland describe “..an explosion..” without mentioning the FOI info released in 2005 confirmed it had been a pretty significant explosion (see below from The Hootsmon):

The blast in 1977 caused extensive damage and propelled material up to 75 metres away from the shaft, which was used as a dump.
    But papers released under the Freedom of Information Act show that a 93-word press release issued on the day described it as a “Minor Incident at the Solid Waste Facility Dounreay”.
    Accounts from staff at the time show that the blast, at 12:20am on 10 May, 1977, was heard all over the site, with one worker saying the shaft was left “in ruins” and a white “plume” was seen moving towards the sea. The cause of the explosion was said to be hydrogen collecting in the air space above the water in the shaft.

They really do take us for complete and utter fools don’t they?

A great Festive Season to one and all (including everyone at beeb Jockland!).

• Sam December 27, 2017 / 8:51 am

Ludo are you questioning the given cause of the explosion?