Indy parties at 50% again as Brexit mini-surge looks to destroy Scottish Tories

jackson

It’s not working. I can still hear Annie!

From a Scottish sample of 143, on 16th and 17th April, on Westminster voting intentions for Orb International, we see:

  • Labour 17%
  • Con 15%
  • Brexit 7%
  • LibDem 5%
  • TIG 2%
  • UKIP 2%
  • Green 8%
  • SNP 42%

https://www.orb-international.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/ORB-International-16th-17th-April.pdf

This suggests that the SNP core vote is very strong and that disaffected supporters are only heading left to the Greens. The YouGov poll on the same dates had the SNP at 46% but the greens at only 4% giving the same total of 50% for Indy parties. The Con vote is collapsing well below the 26% they keep at the UK level. I suppose the Labour and TIG figures are moderately encouraging for the former.

2 thoughts on “Indy parties at 50% again as Brexit mini-surge looks to destroy Scottish Tories

  1. Alasdair Macdonald April 26, 2019 / 9:34 am

    There is a much larger sample (>1000) by Survation funded by Scotland in Union which indicates SNP support increased, Tory support falling and a projected gain of around 15 seats at Westmonster for the SNP.

    There was also a phoney question about support for independence showing it had ‘plummeted’. Itwas, of course, quoted by Ms Hayley Miller on GMS in a hostile interview with the FM, in which she interrupted around 12 times.

    Liked by 2 people

    • johnrobertson834 April 26, 2019 / 3:39 pm

      Couldn’t access the data, only the newspaper version. Got a link?

      Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s