The TuS editorial board (above) has decided it is time for a summary of required terminology to be issued, to avoid disappointment for any rejected contributors.
Readers will already be familiar with some of these but one or two are more recent.
- Non-Scottish parts of the UK: To be used instead of England, Wales or N Ireland in any comparative comment
- Nomedia: To be used for any Scottish media agency other than those supportive of Independence
- Loyalist: To be used for any media outlet or politician clearly loyal to the UK
- FK: ‘Fragmented Kingdom’ to be used instead of UK at all times other than 5.
- FUCK: ‘Frankly Useless Collapsing Kingdom’: To be used sparingly when really angry.
- CUNT: Consolidated Unionist News Transcription Services, you know, the advisory body which transforms good news about affairs Scottish into bad and feeds it to the Nomedia.
- Comedias:Tthe collective noun, when two or more nomedia use the same hymn sheet (tory/labour press release) or strategy.
Suggestions for additional guidance should be entered below.