6 thoughts on “6 Amazing Things Scotland Is Doing That Other Countries Really Need to Pay Attention to: A really encouraging piece from Global Citizen.

1. Contrary September 7, 2017 / 7:07 am

This has given me an idea John, how are your languages? Can you scour foreign news and see how others see us? I don’t have any language skills myself, and I doubt foreign places care that much,,, well, in saying that, I was impressed with the way Nicola Sturgeon was received in Ireland and the US, they even had the Heid Yin of the Irish senate (I won’t trust my spelling on its name), on the radio lauding the good things she’s doing before being cut off mid sentence, and not even thinking about ‘trying to get him back’. That was the scandal of ‘technical difficulties’ the BBC kept having when trying to report on the SNP in a good light.

Maybe the BBC is being held in thrall by special demons in their software that prevents any broadcasting of good-Scotland news? to be consistently and obviously biased there must be a controlling influence, and demons that glitch the software so they experience ‘technical difficulties’ every time they step out of line can be the only answer.

2. johnrobertson834 September 7, 2017 / 7:36 am

O Grade French seulement. IF x = ‘Scotland’ + ‘good’ GOTO GTF

• Contrary September 7, 2017 / 8:05 am

Hmmm. Well, your foreign language skills seem to be, unfortunately, similar to mine. Oh well, worth a try. Google translate? Learning a foreign language is meant to be incredibly good for your mental well-being you know, staves off senility and all sorts. Maybe you could put it on your ‘to do’ list 🙂 – I’ve been procrastinating on it for decades so no rush.

Your algorithm doesn’t include demons,,,

3. johnrobertson834 September 7, 2017 / 1:49 pm

Thanks Contrary. Don’t have a to do list any more. Scared wife will add decorating to it.

4. Ludo Thierry September 7, 2017 / 10:03 pm

Hi John – Hi Contrary – Hi all.

John – your equation as applied by the beeb and MSM re. Scottish news is pure genius – (funniest thing i’ve seen today!) – I reckon Einstein himself would have admired the perfect elegance it involves.

Keep up the good work – we need the facts and the humour to pull us through the next phase of hard campaigning.

Thanks, ludo

5. Contrary September 7, 2017 / 10:17 pm

Ah yes, elegant! Well spotted Ludo, even (or perhaps because it is) without the demons, the formula is elegant.

Aha, ah, yes, John, it is always imperative the to-do list is kept absolutely secret, otherwise procrastinating can be made very awkward. I mean, other people sometimes actually expect you to do the things on the list! Well, I’ll just remind you about it next year instead.