According to EnergyVoice yesterday, jobs are returning to the North Sea in some numbers. I’ve just put them in a listStatoil’s North Sea Mariner: 1500 jobs east of Shetland
- EnQuest Kraken discovery: more than 1000 jobs
- Bilfinger Salamis UK: up to 300 jobs on Maersk Oil’s Culzean gas project
- Chrysaor: an extra 40 people across a range of business areas.
- Bilfinger: 210 jobs with new BP deal on Forties pipelin
- Cape: 400 jobs.
- BP’s Quad: 450 people,
- Centrica: 70 offshore roles
- Semco Maritime: 150 new jobs in Aberdeen
Is this any wonder after the run of positive news about the oil and gas sector in terms of new finds and price optimism? Remember these: