Good News: Independent Scotland in Europe maps already available

You can get one at:

Maybe if we all just start using one it’ll become a reality.

Mind you, if the two Irelands unite first, you’ll need another one.

8 thoughts on “Good News: Independent Scotland in Europe maps already available

1. TheStrach March 23, 2017 / 6:15 pm

The map looks wrong to me. If Scotland gains independence there will be no United Kingdom.

2. Harry M Molloy March 23, 2017 / 6:33 pm

If only it was this simple

3. Clydebuilt March 23, 2017 / 7:50 pm

There is a theory , that if we live as if we are living in an Independent Country, Scotland will become Independent.

Viz would have fun with that.

4. johnrobertson834 March 23, 2017 / 8:27 pm

The more you look at it the more it looks normal like Belgium and the Netherlands.

• johnrobertson834 March 24, 2017 / 8:47 am

Ah, you’re right. Wales and NI not kingdoms. Just call it all England?

5. Contrary March 25, 2017 / 11:13 am

Scotland is not really that large is it? Is this just more mapmaker emphasis, or have I been so propagandised (wow, that’s a word? My tablet thingy finished it for me, hope it means what I think it should mean) I don’t know the relative size of my country?

The map does fall short at using the United Kingdom reference when there isn’t one – they just needed to miss out the ‘United’ part really, but the principle of the new map is a good marketing feature. The choice of which places to mark out is interesting too – why Breamar in the middle of nowhere, a nowhere wee village? Could have put my home village on the map if you were going to do that. Kingussie at least is on the road to somewhere, but not choose Aviemore,,, ah, American tourists are drawing the map, that explains it.