Fresh Start for the ‘Autumn Years’

As of today, I won’t be found on other Yes-supporting sites such as Newsnet.scot, Common Space or Indyref2. Bella, Wings and the National have not accepted my stuff for some time now. I’m going to post more often hopefully and shorter pieces, just here on thoughtcontrolscotland.com. Now fully retired at 65, I’ve had enough of editorial interference. In the last year, I’ve had pieces which were clearly too environmental or too leftist or too secular or too weird (?), rejected, sometimes dishonestly, by hosts I had come to expect more respect from. I won’t have a rant here. I’ve done it privately, had a double whisky and I’m ready for a fresh start. Onward and hopefully not downward!

6 thoughts on “Fresh Start for the ‘Autumn Years’

1. Bryan Weir September 21, 2016 / 7:40 am

Illegitimi non carborundum.

2. johnrobertson834 September 21, 2016 / 10:17 am

Hail Bryan. That made me laugh straightaway. Carborundum is just a funny word now. Anyhoo ‘maximus sum’!

• Bryan Weir September 21, 2016 / 8:37 pm

Cassius Clay.

3. johnrobertson834 September 22, 2016 / 4:11 am

Correctissimus! I’ve probably told this story before but you can’t stop anyone on social media. My mum sent me to her uncle’s boxing club in Grangemouth 1960-63 (age 9-12). My dad watched my style and said I was a bit like Cassius. Moved like a butterfly. Unfortunately stung like a butterfly too.

et pulcherissimus too?

4. Bryan Weir September 22, 2016 / 6:35 am

I am afraid that my memory of 1960 Schoolboy Latin now stalls at Amo, Amas, Amat, Amamus, Amatus, Amant John. ;o)

• johnrobertson834 September 22, 2016 / 11:53 pm

For lovers of Scandinavian cars – Volvo, volvas, volvat, volvamus volvatus, volvant

I roll…over your corpses